Wednesday, February 8, 2012

In which the Registrar explains my rights

 
The Registrar finally explains why he is not willing to put his allegations in writing: because this is not a legal proceeding. I am therefore entitled to only those rights which the Registrar wishes to accord me, as he explains in the following email: 
 
Dear Marty,
 
I am not refusing to provide you the information on the accusations; I do not wish to provide it to you prior to our meeting. I find that the language you are using is the language of legal proceedings, and this is not a legal proceeding. I have heard one side of a story and I want to hear your side. Otherwise, I have to make a decision based on the information I have. I really do want to talk with you and hear your concerns as well as finding out what explanation you have for the perceptions that others have developed of you.
 
You remain a student in the program and are able to attend class, but I need to get to the bottom of the situation with the concerns. Regarding the removal from the practicum at the school, again, the Education Faculty is awaiting the resolution of the process of addressing these concerns, in order to move forward.
 
Best wishes,
Colin

No comments:

Post a Comment